Last updated October 2021
We’re committed to your privacy. We’ll always keep your data safe and secure. This policy defines what information we collect about you and how we use it. It covers the content on The Sweet Reason Company (TSRC) Website under the URL www.thesweetreasoncompany.co.uk. It does not cover any links we have to other websites.
For the purposes of data protection this policy refers to the 1998 Data Protection Act until 25th May 2018 and thereafter the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent, and successor, legislation.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This includes online purchases, over the phone, in person when you sign up to receive emails from us. We also look at how we can offer the best possible experience to our customers, by analysing their trends and usage on our website.
We collect your data:
- When you purchase from us at www.thesweetreasoncompany.co.uk we ask for, and collect, personal information such as your name, billing and delivery address, telephone number, email address, items ordered and payment details.
- If you set up an online account with us, we will also store your password.
- If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will request and store your email address, name, surname, date of birth and phone number if you choose to share them.
- If you enter any competition or complete a survey (that we send you for research purposes) run by The Sweet Reason Company (TSRC).
- TSRC and third-party providers of advertisements may also collect information regarding your visit to www.thesweetreasoncompany.co.uk. This may include where you are geographically, how you were referred to us (e.g. search engines or email marketing), your browser and device type, the pages you viewed, the duration of your visit and any search terms used. This information may be collected even if you do not register an account with us.
- When you contact TSRC by telephone or email.
- When you visit www.thesweetreasoncompany.co.uk TSRC web server may automatically record your public internet protocol (‘IP’) address.
- Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
How do we use this information?
- We use your information that you have given us to complete your order.
- We use the information you have given us about somebody else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery.
- We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
- We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
- You can register with our website if you would like to receive updates on our new products and offers. Information you submit on our website will not be used for this purpose unless you register to receive our e-campaigns and verify your email address. We use a third party called Mailchimp to manage our e-camapigns.
To carry out our business and to provide a service with you:
- To process payments. TSRC does not store any payment card numbers once the transaction has been completed. We share your personal information with credit card companies and other payment providers.
For order management and fulfilment purposes TSRC will share your data with Mintsoft. Please refer to this link, provided by Mintsoft on their privacy policies: https://www.
- Fulfilment of and delivery of products you have ordered. We may share your personal information with our delivery partners.
- To contact you with important information relating to your purchase, such as confirming your order, reviews on our products or services. We share your information with our communication partners for this purpose.
- We will contact you with an enquiry you have made to us through social media or one of our contact us forms. We will respond via the email address or contact telephone number provided.
Where we have your consent:
- To send you special offers, our latest news, events and promotions that may be of interest if you have consented for us to do so or we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving these messages at any time – see below for more details. We share your personal information with our third party email marketing provider who assist us in delivery our email marketing campaigns
- To show you advertising on such Social Media platforms as Facebook and Instagram or via other third party advertising that may appear on other websites you use. Online advertising channels we may use are: digital display, search engine marketing, paid social – these are all on third party sites or platforms.
- If successful when entering any of our competitions or prize draws we will contact you by email to notify you.
How to unsubscribe from marketing communications?
Marketing communications are sent via email. We would be sad to say goodbye, but if at any point you do not wish to hear from us there are a number of ways you can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us.
If you do not wish to continue to receive email marketing from us, click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email. Each “unsubscribe” link only relates to that specific type of communication (e.g. marketing communications or review communications). This means that unsubscribing from marketing communications will not automatically unsubscribe you from our product or business review communications (or vice versa). Please also note that you may continue to receive communications which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed.
Third Party Links and Services
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Encryption and SSL
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure your information is protected to the highest standards. We use encryption to safeguard your personal information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology – this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers above version three support this security. This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us. The encryption technique we use is the highest standard available for e-commerce.
By visiting this website with your browser settings adjusted to allow cookies, you are consenting to TSRC using cookies for the purposes outlined below in order to provide you with a fully functional shopping experience.
Please note: to make full use of TSRC and to benefit from certain personalised features, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to be set up to accept cookies.
The data we collect through these cookies is solely for the purpose of enhancing our website and your browsing experience – it is never used to identify you and we would never share or sell on this data.
The list below details the cookies used on TSRC. We have outlined who sets these cookies and their purpose. If the party reads something other than 'TSRC', these are our third party business partners who help us to enhance your browsing experience.
To enable and manage cookies, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Performance - Google Analytics
Sharing with social networks
If you use the buttons that allow you to share products and content with your friends via social networks like Twitter and Facebook, these companies may set a cookie on your computer memory. Find out more about these here:
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Data Protection Officer
The Sweet Reason Company
67 Wingate Square,